Thread: Jean Rag Quilt
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 03:35 PM
ilena

Here is my finished jeans rag quilt, it's couch throw size. Old jeans and flannel back. I bought some green flannel last year for it but just decided to get some red and blue to add some more color. I added the stitch design to the squares as a way to practice some quilting design for another quilt that I am working on. I also used a "fancy" stitch to sew the blocks together. Didn't work out as evenly as I wanted to ~ the weight of all that denim and flannel made it difficult for my machine to sew it consistently but I like the effect anyway ~ sort of groovy shabby chic!!!

I was surprised how easy it was to use a template and make the stitching for the design on the block. I think I would like to try to make a rag throw quilt from flannel and cotton and trace my daughters hand print for the stitching design for my mom. If it comes out as I hope she will love it (then again she has to love it if I am making it)! :D
Attached Thumbnails attachment-53906.jpe   attachment-53949.jpe   attachment-53964.jpe   raffle-quilt-015.jpg