View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 10:00 AM
kristen0112

Originally Posted by Qbird
instead of cardboard a friend said she used plastic canvas(with the holes in it) to put in her sleeve, would be washable then, but just slipping it in, it would wander around and not stay "on the bottom" maybe will try to hand sew the "sleeve" to the bottom, but to make it washable would have to use a plastic instead of cardboard. (sigh) more hand work, more time spent? you are really creative, and making some neat purses! last one I made I used Dr. Seuss fabric--how cute is that? maybe the mega for a diaper bag? as you can see in my Avatar, I love Dr. Seuss- couldn't find fabric at the time so made my own.
That's a great idea to use the plastic canvas. I am sewing my second bag in this new pattern and this time I tried something similar to what I suggested yesterday and it was WAY easier than what I did on the first bag and makes it look more finished. On your next bow tuck bag slip that board in between before sewing up the hole. I think with the boxed corners it won't slip around like it would have on this little purse.

Dr Suess would be darling have you posted a picture and I just missed seeing it?

I have a friend whose requesting a purse for her sister whose really into that Red Hat thing. I believe I have seen fabric at Joann's with those hats on it. That will be cute