Thread: CHICKENS!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 06:05 AM
mamatobugboo

Originally Posted by Marcia
When I was collecting fabrics for my chicken quilts I made sure to find some fabrics that read "solid" to use for backgrounds. Chicken wire fabric in tan, light blue or black and white is great. I also found a shirting (I think it may have been by Judie Rothermel who does a lot of CW fabrics) that had little tiny chickens on it.

I also bought several panels that had chicken blocks on them. They are fun to fussy cut and use in the center of a star block, for example. Smaller ones also make great little filler blocks.

When you are making blocks, some of your chickens will face the left and others will face right. I try to also have some chickens that are facing the front-like they are looking at you. They are harder to find, but balance the quilt better.

Just some advice (my two cents worth).....you can all take it or leave it-it won't hurt my feelings!!
Awesome advice - thanks so much for posting it Marcia! I love your pictures and I will have to find a shirting fabric with chickens on it, it would be fun to throw in with any quilt just for the whimsy of it! :D