View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 06:41 PM
aborning

Originally Posted by brendadawg
Here are a couple I made. I think I've posted my DGD already, but don't mind showing her off again (LOL). I'm still looking foir pictures of the one that isn't cut in front.
Brenda,

Hi, I was just reading this tutorial and I love the two jackets you made. I actually went to the Original Sewing Expo yesterday at the Minneapolis Convention Center and I watched one of the stage presentations on making these jackets. Everything was very similar except the lady actually rolled the neck ribbing down --in half (towards the outside of the jacket)
and then zigzagged it down so it was a very small ribbing. Made for a neater look. And on one jacket, she actually put a binding over the neck ribbing so the ribbing didn't show at all. She cut the binding 2 1/4". That also made for a very nice look. Just some hints for you since it looks like you make these. I can't wait to make one--but doubt I'll have time before Xmas. Even though I would like to make one for my mom. I still have 2 quilts, 7 shopping tote bags, and 2 salad bowl carriers to make for Xmas presents. And I work a full time job--so doubt I'll have time to do this sweatshirt also!. Are you from Minnesota? or from Minnesota originally? I am from MN. I always find it interesting to talk to other Minnesotans on here.