View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 07:19 PM
jackkip

Originally Posted by bizybess
If you hand out squares for people to write on mark a seam allowance because people WILL write all the way to the edge and then you will lose part of their words when sewing together. Ironing squares onto freezer paper is a great idea. Maybe a 4" freezer paper square centered on a 5" fabric square leaving a half inch seam allowance. That way you have schooch room.
I did a quilt for my DD wedding shower. I had cut the squares out and told everyone to leave 1/2 inch for a seam allowance. I even had a sample on the table. Do you think people could follow directions....NOT!!!! I had quite a few squares that were cut off. Not much I could do about it when they wrote all the way to the edge.

Another idea for a "guest Book" thing. Not quilt related but very cute. My other DD just got married last weekend. They had a photo booth for the reception. It was a company that comes and sets up a small curtained area with a camera, computer, printer setup. Well you go and hit the button and the camera takes 4 photos. You come outside and the attendant (of the photo booth) has your pictures. 2 sets of pictures are printed. One for you to take and one that the attendant places in a scrap book. Pens were available to sign the book and write well wishes. It was a huge hit. You could go and take as many as you liked. It was fun to see everyone get together and do silly poses. Now my DD has this book forever.

Good luck with the wedding and try not to stress too much

:wink: