View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 07:46 AM
quiltmom04

Originally Posted by cherylynne
My daughter is getting married in June and I would like to follow this thread for suggestions, too. I think that you are definitely on to a great idea. When I look back at my wedding photos I realize that many of the people that were there have since died and it would have been nice to have another memory from them. Little kids have grown up, but those immature signatures are priceless.
For my friend's daughter's wedding, I sent 6" squares out before the wedding, backed with a piece of freezer paper, typed instructions, and a stamped return envelope. I got most of the back and had the top done for the shower. I had designed the quilt firs with the appropriate number of white squares, and since I didn't get them all back, I added their wedding picture and put the "label" in one of the squares instead of the back. A design note - I made the squares to be set on point and very clearly told everyone how to hold the fabric to write, but some people just couldn't believe you'd write on the diagonal, and wrote with the squares flat. Now their squares are on the diagonal! :) Most people were VERY creative - they only had to write something to the couple - but I got back a square with glitter, a drawn cartoon and if you look about the center of the quilt, it's hard to tell, but it's Joe Paterno!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-125486.jpe