View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 09:37 AM
SewExtremeSeams

Someone earlier on this topic was using a dish drainrack for storing their cutting rulers.

I went to Fred Meyers and bought a nice dark chromed $10 dish drainrack to store mine in. Oh my! What a wonderful idea. I can place several rulers in each slot for a dish and I store all of my little ones in the silverware tray. It is right next to my cutting mat. In the past I have always looked around to place my ruler down in between adjusting fabric or doing something else. Now I know exactly where to put and where it is when I am ready to cut again.

Also, I have been using the plastic see thru containers that packs of Crystal Lite come in. I have one set up for my portable embroidery with the necessry threads, small scissor snips, needle and my needle threader (which I seem to need now a days. I have another one for my eraseable marker pens, tweezers, seam ripper, etc. Very handy. The snap on lid stays on quite nicely.

Oh yeah, the grip on handle on the ruler in the photo is from Harbor Freight. Really a lot less expensive than in Joanne's or Quilting shops.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-125526.jpe   attachment-125751.jpe