View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 12:14 PM
RkayD

I have the 830 and the quilting frame. I LOVE it but the only thing is that the machine is HEAVY and you have to be able to lift it up and over to get it on there. And I've already had to replace 2 of the plastic ratchet gears. I'm not hard on them...I was just putting one of them in their slots and it must have been off just a bit and the piece snapped off. When we called to order a replacement the lady told my husband that they had to order them all the time. I got the frame as a "freebie" for buying my machine. While I love it and use it alot I almost wish I had gone for the jumbo hoop. And when they came to my house and set it up they set it to the full 10' AND took the other poles with them. I have no choice but to leave it as it is. Not something I'm all that happy about. Someone needs to make one that you can set to the size you need and able to fold away or something like that when you dont need it. Wishful dreaming....

And I think its kind of "odd" that the lady didn't know anything about it....its kind of a big deal for Bernina.