View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 12:53 PM
Butterflyblue

A friend of mine just got a "retired" home ec sewing machine from the high school. It's a Husqvarna Viking 6020, and seems to be from the 60's or 70's, but I'm really not sure. It's got a lot of metal in it, that's for sure.

Anyway, I was going to help her set it up and learn to sew to make some PJ pants for her kids for Christmas, but it turns out she has no bobbins for it! My bobbins don't fit her machine.

I went to Joanne's and asked the lady in the Huskqvarna section there, but she didn't know anything about the older machines, and suggested I try to find the manual on the company's website, which should have the bobbin type in it.

The Husqvarna site doesn't seem to have manuals or anything about the older machines.

Does anyone know what type of bobbins these machines take, and where the bobbins might be available? Does anyone have an old manual that they'd be willing to send me (I could pay postage). I have found some places that sell the manual to download online, but it's about $8 and I don't think she has the money to do that right now.