View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 05:30 AM
Country Quilter

Well, there's no way I can list everything I've made....my memory isn't that good anymore! I can say ...I've been sewing since I was old enuf to reach the peddle on my mothers machine!

I started with Barbie clothes (like some of you have mentioned)... I STILL have the first Barbie dress I made tucked in an old scrapbook I just don't have the heart to throw away....my kids get a charge out of looking thru it now and then!

I am 51 years old....been married 32 years this coming October...have two children....daughter 30 and son 28.....one granddaughter 7 (daughters)...

I sewed some of my own clothes and pajamas and stuff for my kids... continued with Barbie clothes too for my daughter and have even made some for my granddaughter.

I was heavy into crocheting for awhile, embroidery, cross stitch, etc.

My first quilt was quite the challenge....It was for my parents' 40th anniversary and each square was hand embroidered...some from a kit I bought and the rest were hand drawn with each of our names, birthdates and other info on them (they had 10 kids!) and the middle square was with their names/dates on it. My mother in law helped me with the backing and batting and tying procedure ....that was 27 years ago and I got hooked!

Since then I have made countless bed quilts, lap quilts, tablerunners and wallhangings.

I am never without pets...animal lover here! At one time had 8 dogs and 5 cats! I was our counties rescue shelter for awhile! LOL Anytime the local cop found a dog wandering he would call me....most of the time I found good homes for them and when that wasn't possible I kept them myself.

I'm happy to report they now have a humane society here! So I am down to two dogs and one inside cat and two outside cats.

My husband is semi-retired.....he has a part-time job at an auto parts store but for 30 some years he worked for 3M.

I haven't worked for over 3 years.....jobs are scarce in little towns! And right now I'm not that interested in going back to work.

I spend about 75% of my time sewing....

I like gardening, camping, enjoy our 240 acres of woods...(own 60 of it, the rest is family owned so we have access to it all) we have trails and a Kawasak mule we ride around in the woods....we burn wood so spend some time out with hubby cutting our winters supply each year.. We both enjoy that....

I am really getting into BOM's and swaps and enjoying it all.... I love it and this message board is great!!

Hope this isn't TMI :D