Old 11-13-2010, 05:53 PM
Farm Quilter

Originally Posted by azwendyg
1. The machine doesn't move very smoothly on the tracks; the wheels seem to have some uneven "resistance", not to mention the little bump where the two pieces of track meet. Is there some kind of lubricant that one is supposed to use on the wheels? Or just keep everything clean? (This didn't come with any instructions...)

2. I'm getting "eyelashes" on the back of the quilt in varying degrees. This doesn't happen with this machine when FMQ, so I must be doing something to affect it, but what? I'm going give the machine a thorough cleaning, rethread it again, check the tension, and try some different thread to see what I can figure out too.

Help!
Try cleaning the wheels and rails with rubbing alcohol - that's what I use on my LA.

When you have a problem with the thread on the back, your tension on the top is off - eyelashes would mean your top thread is too loose compared to your bobbin tension. Loops on the top mean your bobbin tension is too loose. Weird that it's backwards...but that's what the experts say! Superior Threads has some great educational information on their website about it - http://www.superiorthreads.com/education/