Old 11-13-2010, 07:31 PM
QuiltswithConvicts

Originally Posted by sandpat
I'll have to check that one out Elle..but I think that I'll have to wait a long time until my skills are up to Lesley's to be able to do that quilt.
What do you mean "skills are up to" ... I think your skills are pretty high up there - just take a look at your Chocolate Jane - that's pretty up there in my very experienced book. I had just assumed (I know, I know) you were very experienced! All you who are doing a Baby are gaining tons of experience!!! And not to mention the ability to do just about anything you set your mind to do. After all, you're doing tiny 4 1/2" blocks with LOTS of tiny pieces. Anything else will seem gigantic after this. I even thought the pieces in Sylvia's Bridal Sampler seemed huge!!! The blocks in Affairs of the Heart are 7" and those would have seemed small before Jane, but now they too are big.

I'm so proud of all of you for doing this quilt. You are friends that need to come over for coffee and chocolate dessert!

Everyone needs to pat themselves on the back for a job being very well done!!! OK, OK, I know you're not finished, but someday you will be! Start taking your bows now!!

By the way, Jane's Journey top is FINISHED!!!!! Will baste her tomorrow. My Connecting Threads order arrived today - I picked up 2 sets of 10 spools each that are being discontinued. I got the Basic Set & the Floral one. I'm going to try to get the Tropical and Dusty next. I love their thread and with the Affairs of the Heart being applique, I'll need all the colors I can get my hands on. Not planning on doing it by hand, though.

Love you guys! Happy stitching.