View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 09:44 PM
LovinMySoldier

Originally Posted by quilterj
Does anyone have the Brother SE-400 machine. Do you like it or do you wish you would have gotten something else. I seen that it had some good reviews from the walmart sight.
Or what about the disney one that Walmart used to have? I am not sure if they still carry that one now. Does that one do more than the disney things?
Well about a couple of months ago I bought the Disney one. I bought it on craigslist. I was a little hesitant but I really wanted an embroidery machine and I couldn't afford much. Oh man did I make the right decision. I love it. It is so much fun. The hoop is only 4x4. But still ok. I have done almost every one of the designs that it came from. I did an Ispy quilt and added a bunch of sold squares that I embroidered on. It works great. I have had zero issues thus far. I did read that the thread cassette tends to break or not work alot. And this is a bit of an issue. I found that certain threads it has a harder time with because they are thicker maybe I guess. All regular thread I have used works fine. I have had issues with a couple embroidery threads. But a lot of the embroidery threads worked just fine. I do not have the embroidery card to download on to yet. That is on my christmas list. As far as using it for a sewing machine it works great. It has a very detailed instructions manual. And it even says how you can use the embroidery foot for quilting instead of a walking foot. It is a great little machine.
And yes it has like 25 other designs that aren't disney. And it has like 5 different fonts I think