View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 04:11 AM
Edie

I am thankful for my 50+ years with my husband, our son who married a wonderful girl and gave us three wonderful grandchildren. I am thankful for our oncologist and infusion nurses who helped my husband through six months of chemo and is cancer free five years with one cancer and 25 with the other. I am thankful for my sisters, my Mother (94), my friends and Furbaby Bess, who were there for me when my husband/we went through the cancer in 2005. I am thankful for my friends and neighbors. I am thankful that I live in the United States of America, Land of the Free - Home of the Brave. I am thankful for my religion, Lutheran, that has kept me on the straight and narrow, that has made sure that I was never alone and that prayers are always answered - Yes or No - and there is definitely a reason for the No. I am thankful for my Lord and Savior, who without Him, I never would have felt love, satisfaction, closeness, warmth, and the wisdom to know the difference between Him and the Devil. I am thankful that I can quilt. With my husband having cancer, I could always hand sew when he was having chemo, when he was taking a nap and now just to keep myself active. The kids are coming for Thanksgiving Dinner and that is probably right now what I am most thankful for! God bless us everyone and don't forget to say thank you. We pray for this and we pray for that and how many of us say thank you. I remember when Rog would get a good report from the oncologist and coming out of his office and into the elevator, I took those few minutes to say thank you. And I meant every word of it, I still mean every word of it - THANK YOU! Edie