Old 11-14-2010, 09:57 AM
QuiltswithConvicts

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
WOW Kathy, when you decide to make a quilt you certainly move quickly. That is beautiful and I know you hand sew everything.

Elle
Elle, Thanks for the compliment, but the only thing I've hand sewn in the past 13 years is my Baby. While I enjoy the calmness of hand work, I really love finishing things - usually quicker than Jane's Journey. I will be hand quilting JJ, but I am also doing a couple of BOMs that I've started - 2 for our local quilt club and the Carol Doak BOM - all on the machine. Paper piecing is my first love, followed by Celtic Applique, but I haven't done much of that lately. I was quilting a Celtic cross I designed, but got caught up in JJ, so it's sitting waiting for me to remember that I need to finish it. Also have a 4-panel seasons wall hanging that is ready for quilting, another applique quilt of a fancy-schmancy bird, and a quilt I saw in Quilter's Home Magazine that I downloaded and put together. It, too is unquilted. I have to be in the right frame of mind to quilt or I make a mess of it.

4 years ago DH bought me a Janome 6600P that I love, love, love. It's my 2nd Janome - the other is a MC 3000 that is as old as JJ! I try to use it on a regular basis, but since I come home from work tired, it's usually ignored until the weekend. This weekend it also has been left alone as I'm on a mission - which is now completed as JJ is completely basted and ready to quilt tonight. I am going to go say hello to my machine after I catch up here. My goal was to have JJ basted and ready to quilt BEFORE the first frost. It's November 14 & we STILL haven't had a frost. Came close a couple of times, but no frost, yet.

Hapy stitching!