Old 11-14-2010, 10:08 AM
QuiltswithConvicts

Originally Posted by sandpat
Kathy, I was looking at the Affairs of the Heart...that is a beautiful pattern! Are you planning it to look similar (dark background/batiks) to the pic in the book?
My favorite color is yellow, but black is #2. When I was younger, I loved bumble bees because they were yellow & black. My mother wasn't at all happy that I didn't want pink everything, so I got pink anyway! Idid finally get a yellow room, but only for a short time. My dear Great Aunt Katherine (after whom I'm named) died & I inherited a ton of her antiques. My bedroom became a very grown-up room quickly and was that way until I married.

Yes, I'm using a black background. I love the way black makes any color pop right off the block! I buy black by the bolt - use Hobby Lobby's 40% coupons to buy a bolt of Kona cotton black! That's also the way I buy Warm & Natural - by the bolt w/coupon! However, I'm out of batting and I want to try the new Pellon battings that appear very similar to W&N, but quite a bit less. JJ is sandwiched with Thermore. I can't believe how thin it is!

When you come over for coffee and dessert - how about molten lava cake? :)