Thread: Quilting Gloves
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 11:30 AM
catrancher

Originally Posted by MiMi in Lutz
Originally Posted by catrancher
Originally Posted by Candace
I use the cheapo ones from Joannes (Fons and Porter) They're great. They help grip the fabric while machine quilting and assist in controlling the movement of the sandwich.
Sorry, don't want to offend anyone, and I'll just say . . . to each his own. But I HATED these gloves. Thread sticks to them and even violent shaking fails to dislodge it. Also, I had to take them off every time I stopped to do something because the fingertips are too clumsy for me. I switched to Machingers and they are great. Solved all my problems.
I have never used the Machingers....are you saying the loose threads do not stick to them? I use the Grabaroos and really do love them. But, yes the threads do stick to them. I just looked online at the Machingers and it looks like they would be clumbsy...big and bulky. Are they? What I like about the Grabaroos is that they actually fit. They stretch where they need to and stay put where they should. But, the do pick up all the loose threads.
No, they are not bulky and loose threads do not stick to them. You need to get a good fit, however, and there is a chart on Leah Day's blog at:

http://www.daystyledesigns.com/machingers.htm

I love mine. Only the finger tips are rubber, and the rest is some sort of net-like cloth. They breathe and they are comfortable. Check the fit though. I used this chart, and mine fit perfectly.