View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 03:35 PM
loopywren

Originally Posted by AnneT
First things first: I don't want to offend somebody over here as I find this a very friendly community with lots of more than generous people! Thats also the reason for this posting: Do you double check the price before buying something from somebody over here? Or do you trust in the persons who offer their goods without doing a price research in advance?
IMHO and that is just, what I found out, especially books seem to be quite expensive, to say the least. Before buying them over here, I check Amazon, and most of the times, the books there are way (!!) cheaper, like half of the price here or even less. Just a thought, b/c I dislike the idea of somebody taking advantage of your good hearts and trust. Like PatriceJ says: "You are all free to choose for yourselves. I, for one, do not intend to buy anything from anyone who seems to be trying to take advantage of us or this section."
Quilting hugs from Germany,
Anne
I live in England and have just bought fabric from a lovely lady on this board, I know it is a chance to take, but it was fine and saved me a lot of money as fabric is so much more expensive here as I believe it is in Germany.. sometimes we just have to take a chance and keep the fingers corssed.. it worked for me.. try to use someone who you see frequently on the board itself, less risk that way. Good Luck