View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

Originally Posted by quiltmaker101
Minky is nice, but it is $13 a yard and more everywhere I've seen it.

These are grown men and women the quilts are going to for QOV. They really might prefer a backing made to represent their branch of the military. There are lots of nice Marine Corps, Army, Navy and Air Force prints out there right now. Some are old fashioned looking with uniforms and aircraft from the 40s. Some are just the logo.

I know this is what the military people in my life would be proud to have as the backing. They are each proud of their branch of service!
I was thinking of the Minky for a quilt other than the QOV. But now that you mention it, wouldn't it be better to use the military style fabric or theme for the top of the quilt? And whoever wrote the requirements for the backing had brought up that using a soft fabric (like Minky) is because its obviously meant to be used and to be against the skin and for the consideration of burned and visually disabled soldiers.

Originally Posted by Loretta
Go to search engine and FAB SHOP HOP. This is a contest I do every few months and they have a list of wonderful quilt shops. Many of them have the fabric you want and I always look for the free shipping ones. Where do you live in Wisconsin?
Black River Falls, WI