View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 05:48 AM
Kellie G

Let me start at the beginning, a month ago I was going to a quilt show in Gaylord, MI. When I got to the Alpine Lodge, the girl behind the desk was very helpful to tell me that the quilt show was not until the 13th and 14th of November. So I said, "I'll be back". So, I drag my hubby and my niece who was visiting for the weekend back to Gaylord for the quilt show. The girl behind the desk this time said, it is in that first room. So, I walk to the door, and see about 20-25 machines all set up and lots of ladies working on their Christmas projects! The first lady inside the door said, "Hi, are you looking for someone?" I said, "No, I thought there was a quilt show here today". Nope, it was a quilting retreat, but they all said, come on in, see what we are working on. They let me come in, they all showed me their projects and even commented on my bow tucks purse that I had with me. They welcomed me with open arms and said I should join them next year. It started out as an embarrassing situation, but turned into a nice visit.