View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 05:39 PM
pinecone

Originally Posted by Country Quilter
Well, there's no way I can list everything I've made....my memory isn't that good anymore!
I can relate. At a young age I used to raid my mother's cleaning rag bin to make doll "clothes". Primitive as they were. At 9 I was in 4H and started my sewing journey with a machine. About 4 years ago a long time friend suggested I try quilting with her .... I now have oodles of fabric and tops with some f*****ed ones too. :wink: I have made 31 isolette quilts for the NICU. I was a Girl Scout leader for 10 years then we moved. 3 months after selling our house DMIL came to stay the winter with us .... fast forward 7 years :shock: and an Alzheimer's diagnosis, what a learning experience and privilege to be her caregiver. She is now at peace and she loved to see all the pretty fabrics I was working on. She had quilters in her family and I am now caretaker of the quilts. :D I also enjoy cake decorating and tole painting. I am also a Director of my Historical Society where we are having a capital campaign and one of our building has just been nominated for the National Historic Register. Exciting for our small town ~ and a lot of work to get it this far.

piney