Thread: I got promoted!
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 06:17 AM
Flying_V_Goddess

Originally Posted by GailG
Originally Posted by bearisgray
Congratulations on the job change!

Maybe take it a bit slower with the moving in with the new boyfriend?
Yes, congratulations are in order for the job change. In a way it is a promotion. I agree with the advice on the moving in. If you don't want your heart broken or big disappointments, take it slow and easy. Your present arrangement can't be so bad that you can take a while to feel out this relationship before taking such a drastic step.
Besides my mom there's also her boyfriend and my two brothers. So I'm sharing a place with four other people (plus two cats). The men in the house are absolute pigs at times---like not lifting up the toilet seat or aiming properly when they have to go. EEW! Being that its mom's house its the "my house, my rules" sort of power trip thing sometimes. Also, Mom's been menopausal for the last few years so occasionally everyone gets caught in her crosshairs. I have no privacy. People don't even bother to knock on my door most of the time and when they do and I don't answer they just let themselves in anyways. My youngest brother has helped himself to a lot of my things---scratched the DVDs and has even loaned some to his friends (a couple which I never got back). I can't keep my own food without hiding it because if I don't they'll beg and whine until I give in and give them some or just help themselves. If my other younger brother, who has an extreme form of autism, finds like Doritos or soda or something else that he likes I HAVE to give him some most of the time or otherwise he'll throw an autistic fit over it.

I want a less stressful environment where I can have some sort of level of privacy, not have to worry about stuff being "borrowed", not have to hide food, and if there are any men in the house I don't have to worry about accidently sitting on a toilet seat covered in urine. I NEED boundaries!!! lol