Old 11-15-2010, 06:34 AM
buslady

I was amazed when I saw the attachments and tools that came with the vintage machines, my FW actually has a zig zag attachment, and I have a couple of button hole makers. These items have not changed a lot in looks, I have a button hole maker that I bought new for one of my first "modern" machines, and it looks very much like the older ones! I have, with the vintage, many feet that I was not aware they even made that long ago. A ruffler, a bias tape maker, a narrow hemmer, and several others that I am not even sure what they are for. Wish I didn't have to work so I could spend all my time with these beauties!!

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by hazeljane
I found my girl- born in Elizabeth, New Jersey. Number allotted April 8, 1953. Yeah!!!
HazelJane,
You did an excellent job finding a machine with all those attachments for that price. The cabinet is very nice too. I have not used my button-holer yet, but I understand that they make one of the prettiest buttonholes. I saw someone's test run of making button holes on a blog and it was very pretty. I have that cabinet model; I took mine apart to put on a treadle. Happy to read that you found what you were looking for and more.
Enjoy!
I used my buttonholer on my FW 222K just the other day, and I can definately agree with you, it makes beautiful buttonholes. I just marveled that a straight stitch machine could produce such nice buttonholes with the aid of a 'gadget' attached to the needlebar. Those inventive engineers that came up with it and the zig zagger have my admiration.