Old 11-15-2010, 07:09 AM
Flying_V_Goddess

My boyfriend talked about this book he's been looking for called "The Howling" by Gary Brandner. I guess they based a movie on it back in the 80's, which he loves, but then heard the movie is hardly anything like the book. So he's been looking for the book and has not been able to find it. We looked through the library's database...couldn't find it within the libraries in western Wisconsin. So we looked through
WISCAT (which includes all of the libraries within the state as well as some ones out of state). Couldn't find it there either, which is weird because I have never did search on WISCAT and not found what I was looking for. The book was published in the late 70's and its out of print so we can't find a copy anywhere.

Finally found copies of the book on amazon.com. Here's the problem: the banged up used copies are $55 minimum. The "like new" one is $100. The two brand new ones are $129.95 and $254.48. And the used hardcover edition is a whooping $219.41.

Why must finding the perfect Christmas present be so difficult? I want to get him the new copy, but its so freaking expensive. Then again, for my ex-boyfriend, I was making a quilt that's probably going to exceed $300 once done and did not give a crap about the costs. lol. Guess I'm a real quilter afterall: hate spending more than $100 on a single item but will easily spend the same amount of money for supplies for one quilt without a second thought.