View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 08:11 PM
amma
Power Poster

I have made many crocheted items, bed spreads, purses, doll clothes, scarves, etc...
I raised 3 kids by myself since they were 2,3 and 4.
They are now 22, 23, and 24
I have 5 grandchildren ages 1,2,3, and 4 yr old twins
I have done a lot of craft sewing, but am now just getting ready to start my first large quilt. I found a pattern my son wants, thought I was going to have to wing it but found the pattern in a book off of an older message board here, Thank You!
I have worked until 2 years ago, mostly production plant work, but almost always had 2nd part time jobs doing all kinds of different things until I got into taxes and accounting. That became my 2nd seasonal part time job.
I loved to hand embroider, had to give that and crocheting up due to arthritis, so I just got a embroidery machine and am looking forward to being creative with it
I spend a lot of time with my grandsons, mine is their home away from home
I love to go to Louisville to visit my son
I guess I should remember that the little mini fridge sized quilts count as quilting.......
I am looking into quilting classes and look forward to taking them this winter
I found out sewing pants for the first time that you can put them together wrong and they still piece together nicely. Could not figure out why they stayed puckered when I turned them right side out, LOL
I feel very blessed to have come across such a great group of people here!