Thread: Thank You!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 10:09 PM
amma
Power Poster

I just wanted to say thank you for all of the information you have all posted in the past message boards. There is such a wealth of information to draw from. You are all so quick to help and share your knowledge!
I have been cruising through them all the last few days. The quilt pattern my son picked out had me puzzled as to how to piece the blocks together to get the pattern right. In one of the postings there was a link to a book that had the same pattern and directions for only $6.95. Needles to say I could not order it fast enough :D This will save me A LOT of time that I would have spent reverse sewing, over and over and over.....LOL
The pattern is sets of 3 tumbling blocks scattered evenly around the quilt top. He wants a black background and border with bright colored blocks on it. The design looks like they are just floating on the quilt top. I am going to do all the machine quilting (except for the blocks) in black which is an added bonus, as the mistakes I will inevitably make, should disappear. I have never done machine stippling before either. I am thinking about making the back black, too, just to give myself a break as this will be a larger wall hanging and it will not show.