Old 11-15-2010, 05:27 PM
mpeters1200

Mine is a 90" square quilt I have made, entirely as a surprise, for my hubby for our 10th wedding anniversary which is in less than 4 weeks. I'm still quilting it, but on schedule to be finished by DDay!! I hope to have the quilting done by next weekend, so I can take a week and a half to finish the borders and then the rest of the time to get the binding on.

It has it's own thread. It's the biggest physically. It's also the most expensive. It's the first time I've used 108" backing and it's flannel. All other good cottons. I couldn't get bamboo batting like I wanted in that size, but it's warm and natural, so add that cost.

It's also the most time consuming. I make one big project each year and this one has taken the whole year. I made a few blocks each month, the top this summer, it was basted in July, but I seriously cut my quilting finger, so I couldn't get started on it until August. I've been quilting it 3 months straight and it will be 4 months when it's all said and done.

Here is the link to it. Keep in mind that Hubby has been in the house when every cut and stitch was made, in the house and helped me press it and get it ready to take to the church to baste. He was with me when I bought the quilting frame and has been sitting in his easy chair when I've been on the couch every night quilting it. He still has NO CLUE that it's for him. I put blocks in it like Ball and Chain and Contrary Wife. I've rattled all the blocks off for company because they all know it's for him and he is still absolutely CLUELESS!!! I love it!

Scroll through the thread for the blocks, but the final top pics are on page 3.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-36285-1.htm