View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 07:12 PM
omak

Originally Posted by glenda5253
I

My question and concern is...I'm not an experienced quilter so would it be best to copy the old mystery quilt steps and the new ones also for me to work on as I'm able? Or should I step in with both feet and follow along on this journey? The timing (the holidays) and my getting overwhelmed concerns me.

Sorry this is so long...just trying not to get in over my head.
I have just started reading through this thread and wanted to encourage you to start somewhere <g> ... now, is as good a time as any, and this quilt is as good as can be. I don't know what Miss Bonnie will be doing, but rest assured. Since all of us will be working on this as you do, you will get a lot of tips and encouragement.
much better to work on a project with others at the time it is ongoing.
Jumping in and making myself do a mystery quilt is exactly how I got off the dime and started my quilting journey. I HIGHLY recommend it.
I am going to do this because y'all are such a fun group and Miss Bonnie is an excellent instructor.
One thing to consider - - Miss Bonnie does not know "little" all of her quilts are BIGGGG! Be prepared for that ...
Even if you don't find colors to match hers, exactly, in your stash, use what you have! (and, it is pretty amazing what colors turn out "green" when you get a bunch of green color around it) ... the point is "DO IT!"
you may find you want to make another one later ...
Miss Bonnie believes in quilts that are to be used, and no matter how you put the fabric together, your quilt will be used and appreciated. <wave>