Old 11-16-2010, 05:50 AM
May in Jersey

Originally Posted by craftybear
Would love to see photos of your Christmas trees and decorations
The weekend after Thanksgiving is when we put the lights on the foundation shrubs and tall evergreen in the front of our home and the wreaths on the windows and front door. We have 2 small trees, their lights and decoratons each stored in their own huge plastic container, one is the 'fancy' one for the living room and the other has mostly handmade ornaments from our kids and grandkids - that goes in tv room. Getting older so sometimes I only put up one of the trees, depends on how much entertaining we do or if we are going to CA to spend Christmas with DS#3 and his family.

Have a few special decorations that always go up, the red raspberry ornament from our first Christmas tree 55 years ago in Brooklyn, NY. The 2 angels I bought in 1960, the first year we lived in our home here in Jersey, each year they go in the same spot in the dining room hutch. I love to think about when and where the decorations came from. Over the years have added a few ornaments and decorations and also some quilted table runners. Hopefully this year I'll be adding a Christmas wall hanging for my kitchen. I love to see the dining room table with it's green tablecloth under my Christmas dishes, makes even a soup and sandwich lunch feel special. Everything slowly goes back into storage beginning the week after New Years. May in Jersey