Thread: So fun and easy
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 02:14 PM
Elise1

Since I have received a few questions by private message, I thought I would post some more info about the Crazy Curves Quilt I made.

Circle Dance is the name of the pattern that came with the 7" Crazy Curves Template that I purchased from Elisa's Backporch Design. Circle Dance uses both the 7" and 3 1/2" template. It is a combination of big and small circles. I never bought the 3 1/2" template.

I cut the fat quarters using just the 7" template. I laid the cut pieces on the floor and kept moving the pieces around until I was happy with the pattern and color combination.

I liked the quilt top with just the large circles and decided that adding the smaller 3 1/2" circles might make the quilt look too busy. Sometimes less is more.

Twenty fat quarters should give you 80 blocks. My quilt is 11 blocks long by 7 blocks wide so I had a few extra blocks. I added a 3 1/2" boarder to make the quilt a little bigger, (all of the guys in the house are over 6' tall).

Elisa says you can iron the curved seam in either direction, but I liked the look when the seams are ironed away from the circle.

I did not buy Elisa's tweezers and just held the fabric with my hands when sewing the curves. I did have to square the blocks before sewing the top together.

Since the 3 1/2" template and 7" template makes blocks that are the same size, you don't have to use the smaller circles in your quilt.

I hope this helps.
Elise