View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 04:45 PM
DebbyT

Originally Posted by greensleeves
Originally Posted by mom-6
Greensleeves - I currently am in a home from the 1920's, grew up in a home from the 1940's, and also lived for several years in a Victorian home, plus all the base housing and mobile homes we lived in, so I am very conscious of door and window placement and making storage available everywhere possible!
I'm even planning on my living room having built in storage under all the windows.
How much space does the longarm actually use? I mean footprint as well as necessary surrounding space . I've not seen one set up except at a show, which was very hard to judge space needed.
I have a Gammill LA on a 14 foot table and I devote 8 X 16 foot space to allow working front or back and walking around easily. On the wall behind the LA is my design wall and a rack for hanging a roll of batting so the space is not just for the LA.
I have a small quilting machine on an 8.5'X3' frame. I put the frame on a base to move back and forth. As the room it is in is only 16'X8'. I plan to upgrade to a larger set up when I have more experience on it. A larger room is definately required for the quilting frame.