Thread: Sewing Machines
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 07:32 PM
mosquitosewgirl

Location: Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California

Originally Posted by desertrose
Originally Posted by mosquitosewgirl
What if you had a Janome Memory Craft 4900 QC, but had the option to trade up to a 6600 for only $450.00....would you do it? If so, why? If not, why not? Thank you in advance for the input....

Heidi, If I had the opportunity to trade up, to my dream machine, for $450. I'd jump at it in a flash. I have been drooling over this machine for at least 6 months but my pennies seem to grow too slowly when I have a distinct use for the money. LOL

Go For It...Andie :thumbup:
When I went to the Pacific International Quilt Festival I met a Janome dealer who offers 100% of whatever you paid for your machine in trade in on a new one. Even taking into consideration show discounts. So, I paid $1100 for my 4900 and they wanted $1595 for the 6600 at the show...which means that I can have the 6600 for $495 (my earlier math was off by $49). And, because I am skeptical, I called their shop the following Monday to ask about trade-ins and the owner confirmed it. I'm just going to settle in and save a little more money and, because I am on their email list and will know when they will be at the next show, I will take mine with me and do the trade. If anyone wants the name of the dealer in the Bay Area of California who does this, please PM me and I will give you the contact info. Thanks for the input!