View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 08:24 PM
DJ

Originally Posted by tuesy
Originally Posted by DJ
Originally Posted by tuesy
I'm not a expert by an means, but from what I can gather it's supposed to be easier than using the 4 double point needle method. Also you can make 2 socks at the same time. I'll be happy if I can make just 1 at a time.
That's right. Making 2 at a time avoids the 1 sock syndrome. I just made my first pair toe-up 2 at a time with magic loop. Love it!
I'd love to see them. :) Would you also mind sharing what pattern you used? Was it hard to do the 2 at the same time?
I'm taking a class for them and we will bind off on thursday. Then I'll show a picture. The pattern is one from the yarn shop that was provided with the class. When I post the picture, I'll put up a couple of links to the cast-on we used as well as the bind off. Two at a time is not hard once you know the "magic loop" method and once you get them cast on. There is a lot of information plus very helpful videos on the internet. I really wouldn't have needed the class except to get me to actually do it. Don't use the tiny sock yarn with tiny needles for your first try. That was my biggest mistake when I tried it on my own.