View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 11:26 AM
k_jupiter

Originally Posted by Steve
I work with Leslee, and the frightening thing is the pictures don’t do her work justice. I can’t think of the last time when I didn’t see her working on something during breaks or lunchtime. She currently has taken on the chore of teaching me the art of quilt making (big job since I ‘m a beginner). The quilt I’m doing is very crude by comparison, but with her help I’ve avoided many pitfalls and it’s turning out a success. I often wonder if I’ll ever be able to do such work as the Hawaiian quilting; with her help I’m sure what ever I do learn will be a great experience at the very least. I feel truly fortunate to have her as a friend and mentor.
Dude!

Welcome.

It's great group of women, they even tell me womenfolk secrets. *L* Or lie about it, I'll never know.

I don't do any hand quilting, but I do sit and admire anyone who can quilt Hawaiian. Makes me think of mellow rum drinks, sunsets of Maui, and Ukalalies.

I am a beginner, just started sewing last September, but it gets in your blood. An art form waitng for our unique perspective.

tim in san jose