View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 05:04 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
Maybe part of the bow tucks attraction is it only takes 7 - 8 hours to make. (Or so I understand from the board.) Some times it's nice to be able to complete a project in a short amount of time. It gives you a feeling of accomplishment.

On a personal level, bow tucks are one of those things I see other ladies carrying and think they're cute but know I would never use it. I don't coordinate. I wish I did, but I just don't. For me, it's jeans with a t-shirt or sweatshirt and the hair is a braid or a pony tail. Bow tucks are too fancy for me.
I have made one, but I agree with all of you. My neighbor saw the one I made and fell in love with it. So I said, "Happy early Birthday." She says she has had many compliments on it, and that she can throw a diaper in and a few necessities and she is ready to go. Personally, I like my black leather bag with all the pockets. I carry the same bag almost all year, sometimes use a lighter colored canvas one for summer. And as far as it "only taking 7 or 8 hours", I can make some really fantastic table runners in that time, or a QFK quilt. Whatever......