View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 06:28 AM
hazeljane

The simple answer is no. Processing lavender oil, or distilling lavender water is not a home process. However, you can make lavender eye pillows out of your buds, and they are heavenly. I sell both lavender pillow spray and lavender eye pillows that I make myself. My lavender spray also contains hydrosol (distilled lavender water, which is spendy- about $100. gallon.) But you don't need it, it just deepens the scent a bit.

Putting lavender buds in water just gets you soggy buds and dirty water- which I would not put anywhere near an iron. Lavender essential oil can be bought in any health food or natural food store. I get mine at Whole Foods. And make sure it is essential oil, not "fragrance oil" which is diluted with cheap oil. A small bottle of essential oil will last you for years, if all you are doing is making linen water with it. And as discussed earlier in the thread- a little cheap vodka or grain alcohol allows the oil to dissipate in the water.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by clem55
I just brought in dried lavendar from a plant in my yard. I wonder if I could make scented water using that. Any suggestions?