Old 11-17-2010, 06:58 AM
Scissor Queen

In March of 2007 my in laws had a renewal of vows ceremony for their 50th anniversary. Which is all fine and good. However, mil decided she had to have bridesmaids and groomsmen. Men look handsome and dashing in a tux at any age. Women do not look so great in bridesmaid dresses after say 25 or so. The three sisters in law are all over 45. To say we weren't real happy about being coerced into wearing these dresses is kind of an understatement. At the time I threatened to turn my dress into memorial pillows or something. After we got home the dress got stuffed in the back of the closet.

Then this year in March I found the perfect pattern in Quilter's World. I started the search for the perfect fabrics to go along with the dress fabric. I found the blue silk at the quilt show in Denver in May and I finally found the outer border fabric at a quilt shop in Kansas at the end of May.

The large star points and cornerstones in the outer border are fabric from my actual dress. That stuff was a HUGE pain to work with!!

The binding is on the second one and the third one needs trimmed and the binding put on.

Oh, the whole seashell theme is because the ceremony took place on the beach in North Carolina.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-127658.jpe