View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 10:00 AM
dixiechunk

I have pondered this question many times and really enjoyed this discussion. Like many of you, I am not a "coordinated" person so making BTBs (bow tucks bag) doesn't appeal to me in that sense. I am also purse-challenged, once made a purse with a "hidden inside pocket" that was so hidden it ended up inside the lining! And that 2hr Tulip purse took me 3 days! But, was so fascinated with all the BTBs here I had to try it. Almost tossed it before I even had the pieces cut. However, I kept my nose to the grindstone and finished it. Everyone raves about it. Went in for a pedicure one day and if I was so inclined, could have made and sold 5 right there for $50 bucks apiece. So, not for me, but I enjoy seeing what the other ladies have made. I much prefer to put my time and energy into complicated multi-layered applique and many other ladies don't see the fun in that either. To each his own, that's what the old woman said when she kissed the cow.
Originally Posted by Prissnboot
Please explain to me why people are so excited about bow tuck bags.....I just don't see the attraction. Perhaps it's just me and I haven't found the right color combination yet. I'm glad you guys have found something you are so thrilled with sewing, I'll just stick with the quilts I guess.