View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 02:08 PM
blzzrdqueen

Originally Posted by knlsmith
Originally Posted by blzzrdqueen
I am going to be trying a mini bow tuck today as a gift for my niece but I have a couple questions. 1. On average, how long did it take to complete the bag, large or mini. 2. I should know the answer to this...but when it says width of fabric, is that selvage to selvage? I'm trying to use my stash and I have a few yards of fabric to use...and so I always forget what the actual measurements are of a yard...so that's question #3...what is the actual measurement of a yard...silly questions, I know...but I won't know unless I ask, right??
No problem.

WOF (width of fabric) is from salvedge to salvadge (seen it spelled both ways). the WOF will end up being the length of your straps and inside pockets. A good thing to do is measure your favorite purse you use now and than add a half inch or better to get a strap length you will like.

A yard is 36 inches.

The first one i did took me a couple days (working off and on). I did a fake one with newspaper and scotch tape first. didn't use all the details, just the basic parts. Once you do the first one, very easy to get one done in less than a day.
Thank you! I do have another question...one step 3, the outer portion and lining pieces, I'm supposed to put the fleece on all 4 pieces, then quilt...am I quilting the individual pieces after I've fused them?