Thread: Hello Everyone!
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 03:22 PM
Tulip

This is my first post, hope I do it right! First I'd like to thank everyone who posts on this board. I have been lurking for 3 months now and finally got up the nerve to post. You have all filled my evenings with joy and purpose. My son passed away in June and the evenings are very long. I watch my two granddaughters during the day while their mom teaches first grade. I haven't quilted since the 90's, decided it was time to clean out a room in this big farm house and begin again. I spent the weekend, pulled out old faithful and set up my cutting table. Whipped up a tablerunner and did a cheater quilt for my 5 yr. old grandson (cowboys). Now I am working on a "window quilt". I have an old barn window that I wire brushed, will tongue oil it soon. It has 6 panes of glass and I'm trying to decide what block to do. I don't want anything diffcult as my skills are rusty! The panes are 7 5/8 x 11 5/8. The grills in between the panes are 5/8. I did one of these in the 80's for my SIL I think I did the Ohio Star, but can't swear to it. Would anyone be willing to share their thought on a block? I join the blocks with sashing so it looks like a quilt in a window. Thanks again, I look forward to talking with you all.

Tulip