Old 11-17-2010, 03:47 PM
virtualbernie

Originally Posted by QuiltingLee
Originally Posted by MinnieKat
Chicken soup.... :) ....hope you're feeling better soon!
not just any chicken soup though. homemade chicken soup! or even better Matzo ball soup homemade. always makes my hubby feel better. also vicks can help with stuffy nose. if you have a fever cut an onion in half and put it in your socks fever should go down in 15- 30 min by at least two degrees. hot steam bath (just run your shower really hot and sit in the bathroom), run a humidifier in your room it helps you breathe. and if your fever wont break just cuddle in a quilt and sweat it out. sometimes thats what it takes. for sore thorat teaspon of honey just swallow it. (if youre not allergic!) it should help and it also coats your tummy if your nauseous :) boil and orage cut in half and a cinnamon stick on the stove with some cloves- might open up nasal passages, plus it makes your house smell like Holidays :) also if its not too cold during the day open up some windows to help air the sickness out of the house :)
ditto :!: Someone also told me to actually eat a raw onion! My 95 year old aunt swears by it. My cousin couldn't eat the lone onion so she cut up alot of onions in some tuna and ate it that way.