View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 05:37 PM
pester

So I got the quilting bug and found all of you here. Learned that LQS wasn't a particular store that just wasen't in my neck of the woods. :D and discovered that a town 30 from me was a super awsome place to shop. They have a Handcocks, Joanans, a Mills End fabric outlet, Crafts direct(lots of different craft supplies but also a higher end fabric dept) AND a Quilt Shop.

Well I just about fell over and fainted the first time I visted the LQS. First, at all the fabric WOW, then with sticker shock!!!! I left feeling quite overwhelmed and out of my league. I'm still building my stash by raiding clearance bins LOL. I went back a second time knowing I coulden't buy but wanted to pet the fabric LOL. Start to see if I could feel what "good" fabric was so I could reconize "bad" fabric. Second visit was much less overwhelming.

Well I am working on making a pieced train quilt for my dad and have been looking fabrics to make the cars out of. I wanted to try to find somthing more than just plain colors. Tone on Tones that diden't have a pattern. No box cars with florals! LOL. Since I needed such small amounts(<1/8yd) I decided to check out the LQS. So here's my haul. LOL it only took 3 visits to finely buy somthing. :-D

PS. Thanks to everyone who is helping me out with this project and sharing "train" scraps with me. Hopefully this will make a nice naping quilt for my dad. His parkinson's meds make him sleepy.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-128541.jpe