View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 06:14 PM
miss_ticky2

Hi again....a couple of you asked what was under the table where the machine sits. I've attached some pictures. Be warned..the underneath wasn't meant to be seen so it's not pretty...lol.

I found it a bit hard to get down to take pictures so they're not the best. But what he did was quite simple - he attached some timber supports to the side and middle table struts, and to the front (you can just see them) and then just sat quite a thick piece of plywood, cut to fit snugly, on top of the supports. It doesn't look like much holding the plywood up, but in fact, it is quite solid. He said he still needs to put a support along the back of the plywood, which will probably be good, although, as I said, it's quite solid now anyway. He also said he would like to modify it further later by making the plywood shelf adjustable so I can raise and lower the machine, but I'm really not fussed...he has the height just right as it is and I'm sure I'll get around the odd times I need to use the free arm

From the top with machine removed
[ATTACH=CONFIG]128564[/ATTACH]

underneath
[ATTACH=CONFIG]128577[/ATTACH]

underneath
[ATTACH=CONFIG]128578[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-128559.jpe   attachment-128572.jpe   attachment-128573.jpe