Thread: Newbie Here
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 06:42 PM
AngieP

Hello Quilters,
I am Angie from Trinity, NC and I am a fabricaholic. My passion is my sons, granddaughter, my pets and my quilting. Oh yeah, I
forgot the person who enables my quilting, my dear husband of almost 37 yrs, Rick. We have 2 sons, (24 & 30), two granddaughters (ages 2 & 7) along with 4 cats and 4 dogs, that
doesn't count the cats and other wild life I feed outside.
I have been quilting for over 30 years, but did stop while the boys were growing up...the sports and other activities came first. But now that we are empty nesters, I began seriously quilting about 6 yrs ago. I am a foundation piecer. I don't care for paper piecing, I feel like I waste too much fabric doing it. My longest project is a Catherdal Window (which was inspired by the one my grandmother did when I was a baby..many many moons ago). It will be 30 X 30 3" finished blocks or a total of 900 windows. I am a little over a third done. Hopefully I will finish it one day soon.
I look forward to your posts. I have found them full of knowledge about your quilting. Hopefully attached is a pic of my great nephew on his NC State quilt (his Dad is a fan) but notice the center of one block..it is Carolina (his mom is a Carolina grad)

my great nephew on his NC State quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]128692[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-128687.jpe