View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 10:37 PM
earthwalker
Power Poster

I have two :oops: . The first is a pretty simple white dress, knee length with a little lace edge jacket...not really suitable to cut up as it is such light material, this is in a calico bag in the bottom of my wardrobe. My second is a stunning, long, off the shoulder dress with a beautiful bodice and is a lovely shade of purple....has a veil, with flowers and I had the shoes covered in fabric to compliment the dress, this is stored on my shelf in the bridal shop box wrapped in acid proof paper. I wouldn't cut this up for the world.

Problem is...I only have sons (mine and steps), so maybe I'll have to wait 'til I have a grand daughter!

I do have a matron-of-honour dress, that was made for me when I attended my ex-SIL's wedding....beautiful rose taffetta....(horrible 80's milkmaid design)....I see a quilt in it's future...maybe divided between two....Though I haven't seen her for years - I could maybe send it to her, if it ever gets off the "to do list" - she's still married to the same guy - so it might be a nice thing to have?...