View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 11:22 AM
JAGSD

Originally Posted by Alisapao730
I only had one potato in the bag. I've used it in my older microwave about five times with 2/3 in the bag with no problem. It may be the newer microwave was a higher voltage? not sure, as I have thrown it out and replaced it with the older one. LOL! I may have left it in the oven too long as well. I'm not going to make another one to find out :) better safe than sorry!
Originally Posted by amma
If the bag gets any oil/grease on it, that may cause even a 100% cotton bag to catch on fire :wink:
Also, I would hesitate to put more than 2 potatoes in the bag... any more and the bag gets really hot...
Not only oil or grease but any food particle! Also if the fabric used to make it has any metallic or sparkle type fabric it may cause problems too. I usually cook 5 or 6 potatoes at a time and don't have problems. One time my son used it and set it on some spilled cheese that did not get cleaned up, he was watching it so when it started to smell he stopped it and found out why. No fire but it does have a black spot, We still use the same one just make sure it gets cleaned and aired as well as the Microwave.
:thumbup: