View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 11:58 PM
BrendaB

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

I can't speak for everyone, but I love a cotton purse. I used to buy Vera Bradley when I lived in Seattle. The people who make the Bow-Tucks and offer them for sale have a wider range of fabrics, so more choices for me. I haven't made any, but I have bought several. The ones I purchased here are so beautifully made and I think it is just more special that it was hand made and I know the "artist." The price is comparable to or less than the VB bags I used to buy and these are so much prettier. That's why I'm excited about them. I hope that helps. Oh, and the pockets - THE POCKETS - they are wonderful. Never had a bag with such convenience inside. :-) BTW, I'm never offended by a question. Your question made me think about just why I do like them so much - besides the fact that I didn't make my own. I would never get to it. LOL

Originally Posted by Prissnboot
Please explain to me why people are so excited about bow tuck bags.....I just don't see the attraction. Perhaps it's just me and I haven't found the right color combination yet. I'm glad you guys have found something you are so thrilled with sewing, I'll just stick with the quilts I guess.