View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 06:20 AM
May in Jersey

someone said about one of the dishes she makes each Thanksgiving, " Unhealthy I know but that's why it's a Thanksgiving tradition---I only serve it once a year."

We have a one like that, especially the corn casserole, not the one with the corn muffin mix. Got the recipe from an X SIL, best thing she ever did for our family, LOL!

Even though it will only be DH and I this year for Thanksgiving we'll be celebrating the Holiday again on Friday when we're at my cousin Toni's Annual Turkey Soup and Sandwich Party. She makes a huge pot of turkey soup, orders a few 6 foot sandwiches and everyone else brings sides and desserts. It begins around 4 pm and goes on until everyone leaves close to midnight. Last year there must have been about 65 people there at the same time, her children, grandchildren, sisters and their famlies, a ton of cousins, friends, neighbors and whoever happens to be at our houses for Thanksgiving. Toni is a soup nazi, only she can ladle out the soup. She also keeps whatever starch, rice or macaroni, that she has for the soup in a separate pot - that way the starch doesn't soak up all the broth as it sits on the stove nice and hot all through the party. May in Jersey