View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 06:25 AM
JAGSD

PS I don't know how this little smiley guy got in this post but it wasn't suppose to be and I don't know how to get it off.Sorry.

I just wanted to mention. When I bought my first potato bag the direction that came with it were:

Simply wash and dry your potatoes. DO NOT PRICK!!!Wrap the potato in a white paper towel and place in the bag. Microwave as instructed by your manufacturer. "Best if used in a rotating microwave."
Other uses:
Tortillas:Put tortillas in the bag, microwave. Take bag to your table they will stay warm during your meal.
Corn on the Cob:Leave in husk, trim excess hair from cob, wrap in white paper towel and put in bag. Microwave for about 4 minutes. One to three ears of corn can be micr-waved at a time, adjust time for your microwave.

Food for thought:
(The do not prick!!! was capitalized and written in red.)
This is how I cook mine all the time in the bag following those directions. I have never had a potato blow up or fire/burn up doing this. I have since asked my son how he did the ones that smelled burny and he said he had pricked them before putting them in the bag.(that "might" be the problem along with the spilled cheese that was in our micro) though I am not saying it is, but something to think about.

I use to just do the prick and throw in the microwave(no bag) but had pretty much quit making them in there because they always turned out (to Us) Dry and just not cared for. In the bag they are moist and yummy so my guys say.
Now with all the said I have to say I would not be using the bag and doing them this way if they had started on Fire either. But from here on out "if" using the bag we will be right there to watch it.
I am sorry too that this has happened to you.