View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 10:48 AM
starshine

Originally Posted by isnthatodd
To me, it reads that she sells an upholstery material made of recycled plastic bottles. That would be too heavy for quilts, but I have seen material that expensive used for furniture and drapes. Not at my house, however! Anna's Linens works just fine.
I haven't read all the posts, but 2 things I noticed the fabric she designs is listed as upholstery fabric, with fq's for quilters.
Upholstery fabric is a lot more expensive and if it is for furniture rather than drapes, it probably is even more expensive. Last summer I happen to stop by the area in Joanns with home decor fabrics and if I recall they started at 27 per yard and went up. Then this isn't regular fabs but is designed by her so it is probably special order pricing.

I think the only way a quilter would want a fat quarter (which I suspect the fat qs are to sale off the end of a roll that is too small for regular projects-but just supposition on my part) would be if MAYBE for something like a crazy patch quilt. Or a pillow to go with a quilt. OK or maybe a wall art type quilt.

I certainly can't imagine putting upol. fabric in a regular quilt.